Sunday, November 8, 2009

"Retreating" By The Sea

A few years ago, I started inviting some holistically-minded friends to join me for a weekend retreat at our home in Connecticut. It is such a beautiful place that I wanted to be there more and share the space, the energy and the natural beauty with others.

And now, six retreats later, it feels like we have created a special space to share the special offerings each of us bring. Depending on who attends, we have body work exchanges (Reiki, polarity, reflexology, massage), intuitive cooking classes, art projects, talks on any number of subjects, yoga, chanting and more. Each retreat takes on a personality of its own, and we all feel renewed at its end.

Here are some pictures from our retreats this year:

Morning yoga, Intuitive cooking

The retreats this year were a “warm-up” to my spiritual sabbatical. I am so content at these retreats in the presence of other like-minded sisters who share their knowledge and wisdom freely. I need to have more of this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment