Saturday, December 12, 2009

71


Very soon after we moved into our house 13 years ago, I became aware of something unusual. Our master bathroom has rojo alicante marble: it’s an orangey-rust color with white and beige veins and markings running through it. In the shower, I saw the number “71,” on the same wall as the shower head.

I’ve seen this “71” hundreds of times, and taken it as some sort of a sign. But what did it mean? What occurred to me was that someone close to me would only live until age 71. Both my parents have now surpassed this age (but I held my breath until those years had passed). My husband would be next.

I decided to ask Alexandra about it and told her about the “71” at our last session. She paused for a moment to “hear” information from her spirit guides, and then said: “You think that it’s an age someone is going to die. But that’s not it. Spirit has been trying to get your attention for a while, and now you’re finally ready. Go back to the year 1971. What was that year like for you?”

After thinking about it for a moment and the age I would have been, I was carried back to a time when I was a young woman in the throes of her first romantic love. I felt loving towards the world, open, optimistic. It was exciting to be alive, not knowing what would happen next. “This is the feeling you are meant to reconnect with at this time in your life,” said Alexandra. “Think about it, meditate on it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment